DESTINATION: PATH BERKELEY OFFICES
PATH offices are located on the Northeast side of campus, in McLaughlin Hall.
FROM I-80/580 (FROM SACRAMENTO OR SAN FRANCISCO)
- Exit from I-80/580 onto University Avenue (eastbound)
- Continue on University, eastbound for ~2 miles, until it terminates at Oxford St - where you turn left
- Travel 2 blocks and turn right on Hearst
- Proceed up Hearst to the 2nd light, Euclid, North Gate is to the right
- Park: Metered street parking (1 and 2 hour limit) is available along Hearst, as well as University owned lots requiring a UC Berkeley parking permit. (For all day parking, arrangements can be made with your PATH contact).
- Once parked, walk up through North Gate. Continue on pathway past McCone Hall and turn left. Walk past the Saber Tooth Tiger statue and up the granite steps to McLaughlin Hall. Go down half flight of stairs to the PATH reception office in Room 3.
- For disability access, enter through O'Brien Hall (see map) and use elevator to access the 4th floor breezeway that connects O'Brien to McLaughlin Hall. PATH has offices in 410 and 409a McLaughlin Hall. Please contact our offices (reception 510-642-4522) in advance to make meeting arrangements.
FORMERLY: THE RICHMOND FIELD STATION
PATH maintains offices, labs and experimental facilities on UC Berkeley's 300 acre, Richmond Field Station. This facility, managed by UC Berkeley's College of Engineering, is utilized to execute large scale research projects. It is located about 6 miles northwest of the Berkeley Campus. The entrance is about 1/2 half mile from the I-580 Bayview exit. It can be accessed from several different directions:
From I-80/580 (From Berkeley, Oakland, or San Francisco)
Traveling east on I-80 you will encounter the Berkeley exits of University Avenue and Gilman Street. After Gilman, proceed to exit onto I-580 toward the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge. Travel briefly on I-580 and exit on Bayview (second exit after the freeway splits). Proceed up the exit ramp and turn left (toward the Bay) after the stoplight. Once you decend from the overpass, proceed straight through the stop sign onto Meade Street, pass the 'Campus Bay' office complex and proceed to the UC Berkeley's Richmond Field Station. It will appear quickly on the left . Turn left on South 46th Street (the second left after the previous stop sign). PATH reception is located in Building 452, about 100 yards past the RFS gate, on the right.
From I-80 (From Sacramento)
Take the Carlson Blvd. exit. and proceed on the local exit road until you encounter Carson Boulevard. Turn right on to Carson and proceed to the next interwection with a stoplight - bayview. Turn Left on Bayview and proceed across the i-580 overpass. Proceed on Bayview through two traffic lights and straight through the stop sign, to Meade Street..Pass the 'Campus Bay' office complex and proceed to the UC Berkeley's Richmond Field Station. It will appear quickly on the left . Turn left on South 46th Street (the second left after the previous stop sign). PATH reception is located in Building 452, about 100 yards past the RFS gate, on the right..
FROM I-580 (FROM San Rafael)
Take the Regatta Blvd. exit. Go straight through the light (onto Meade Street) that borders the RFS. Take the next right on South 46th Street. Immediately turn right again.
FROM THE BERKELEY CAMPUS
Take Martin Luther King Way (which will change name to The Alameda) and turn left on Marin Avenue. Take Marin across San Pablo and Jackson Street and enter I-580 by following the sign toward Richmond. (Enter carefully as the ramp enters from the left). Exit on Bayview (second exit). Go up the ramp and turn left (toward the Bay) at the stoplight. Go straight after the stop sign (onto Meade Street). Pass Campus Bay facility and turn left on South 46th Street.
ACCESS TO RFS VIA UC-RFS SHUTTLE BUS (from Berkeley Campus)
The RFS shuttle starts at Hearst Mining with stops at Oxford Street and University Avenue (near the UC Garage); the Berkeley BART Station at Shattuck Avenue and Center Street; Albany Village at Jackson Street and Buchanan Street. See schedule on website:http://pt.berkeley.edu/around/transit/routes.