Past and present California PATH sponsors, researchers and collaborators have unique perspectives on new and emerging transportation technologies. These perspectives have been fully embraced in PATH’s initiatives and research activities, which helped to establish ITS in the US. The focus of the PATH@30 symposium is to envision the future of transportation given our collective experience and the rapid changes in technology, public policy, traveler expectations and transportation performance. Change and the future will not be the only topic on our agenda - because this is also the 30th anniversary of the establishment of the California PATH program. We will take some time to consider the past, not just for nostalgic reasons - but because our past experiences will help us identify how development and implementation of new technologies will unfold from this point forward.
PATH Alumni Exchange:
Finally, the symposium will wrap up after we identify opportunities for collaboration in the future - during the PATH Alumni Exchange! Be sure to sign up as a speaker (HERE). This exchange will be conducted in a series of concurrent, topical, breakout sessions. You will take the podium for 5 minutes, and please use slides. Please submit these slides 5 days before the Symposium
- This symposium will be held on the north quadrant of the Berkeley campus within buildings associated with the UC Berkeley College of Engineering.
- Meeting registration will be held in the Garbarini Lounge, located in the Bechtel Engineering Center.
- The opening plenary session will be held in Sibley Auditorium, on the 2nd floor of the Bechtel Engineering Center.
- February 16th and 17th, 2017
- The registration table will open at 8:00AM in the Garbarini Lounge, located right outside Sibley Auditorium in the Bechtel Engineering Center.
- The Plenary session will begin at 8:45 in Sibley Auditorium, in Bechtel Engineering Center.
- The closing session of the symposium will be held in Sibley Auditorium and will end at 12:30PM. This will be followed by lunch in the Garbarini Lounge.
- February 16th and 17th, 2017
"Suggested Hotel Accomodations" are provided through the link at the left
Who should attend
- This symposium is open to all. We want to especially extend an invitation to those associated with the California PATH program (past and present employees, sponsors and collaborators) as well as those engaged in the 'conversation' about the future of transportation - here in California!
For More information
- To cancel your registration, and receive a refund of your registration fee (less $50 processing), your written request to cancel must be received in writing at least five (5) business days before the symposium begins.
- In lieu of canceling, you may send a substitute. Please contact us at least five (5) working days before the symposium, so that we can revise attendance information, which we plan to distribute to attendees.
- Or email us with your questions at email@example.com
- Or call us at 510-665-3552