Dr. Deyun Gao received a B.Eng. and M.Eng. degrees in electrical engineering and a Ph.D. degree in computer science from Tianjin University, China, in 1994, 1999, and 2002, respectively. He spent one year as a research associate with the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Kowloon. He then spent three years as a research fellow in the School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. From 2007, he was on the faculty of Beijing Jiaotong University as an associate professor of School of Electronics and Information Engineering, and was promoted to a full professor in 2012. His research interests are in the area of wireless sensor networks, vehicular networking, and next-generation Internet.
Dr. Gao’s primary research collaborator at UC Berkeley is Research Engineer Wei-Bin Zhang.
- Shijia Zhu, Deyun Gao, YuJing Zeng, Fei Song, Hongke Zhang, "Reducing energy consumption in access networks: Comparison and analysis," Journal of Internet Technology, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 493-504, July 2014.
- Junqi Duan, Deyun Gao, Dong Yang, Chuan Heng Foh, Hsiao-Hwa Chen, “An energy-aware trust derivation scheme with game theoretic approach in wireless sensor networks for IoT applications”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 58-69, Feb. 2014.
- Linjuan Zhang, Deyun Gao, Chua Heng Foh, Dong Yang, Shuai Gao, “A Survey of Abnormal Trac Information Detection and Transmission Mechanisms in VSNs”, International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2014, Article ID 582761, 13 pages, May 2014.
- Wanting Zhu, Deyun Gao, A. C. M. Fong, and Feng Tian, “An Analysis of Performance in a Hierarchical Structured Vehicular Ad Hoc Network,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2014, Article ID 969346, 10 pages, 2014.
- Junqi Duan, Deyun Gao, Chuan Heng Foh, Hongke Zhang, “TC-BAC: A trust and centrality degree based access control model in wireless sensor networks”, Elsevier Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 2675-2692, Nov. 2013.
- Deyun Gao, Kai-Di Chang, Jiann-Liang Chen, Han-Chieh Chao, “A cross-layer routing protocol for IPv6 wireless sensor networks”, Information, vol. 16, no. 8, August 2013..
- Linjuan Zhang, Deyun Gao, Weicheng Zhao, Han-Chieh Chao, “A multilevel information fusion approach for road congestion detection in VANETs”, Elsevier Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 58, no. 5-6, pp. 1206-1221, Sept. 2013.
- Deyun Gao, Wanting Zhu, Xiaoyu Xu, Han-Chieh Chao, “A hybrid localization and tracking system in camera sensor networks”, Wiley International Journal of Communication Systems, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 606-622, April 2014.
- Lulu Liang, Deyun Gao and Victor Leung, “Queue-based congestion detection and multistage rate control in event-driven wireless sensor networks”, Wiley Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 818-830, June 2014.
- Lulu Liang, Deyun Gao, Hongke Zhang and Oliver W.W. Yang, “An efficient event detecting protocol in event-driven wireless sensor networks”, IEEE Sensor Journal, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 2328-2337, June 2012.
- Linjuan Zhang, Deyun Gao, Han-Chieh Chao and Oliver W.W. Yang, “A community-based routing protocol for collecting data in VSNs”, Journal of Internet Technology, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 867-878, Nov. 2012.
- Deyun Gao, Wanting Zhu, Ran Fang, “Light-weight simple network management protocol in wireless sensor network”, China Communications, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 121-129, Dec. 2011.
- Deyun Gao, Ping Chen, Chuan Heng Foh and Yanchao Niu, “Hop-distance relationship analysis with quasi-UDG model for node localization in wireless sensor networks”, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2011, Article ID 2011:99, 11 pages, September 2011.
- Deyun Gao, Oliver W. W. Yang, Hongke Zhang, Han-Chieh Chao, “Multi-path routing protocol with unavailable areas identification in wireless sensor networks”, Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 443-462, Oct. 2011.
- Deyun Gao, Linjuan Zhang, Hwang-Cheng Wang, “Energy saving with node sleep and power control mechanisms for wireless sensor networks”, The Journal of China Universities of Posts and Telecommunications, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 49-59, Feb. 2011.
- Lulu liang, Deyun Gao, Yajuan Qin, Hongke Zhang, “Burstiness-aware congestion control protocol for wireless sensor network”, China Communications, vol.8, no.5, pp.28-37, Sep. 2011. SCI
- Tao Zheng, Yajuan Qin, Deyun Gao, Hongke Zhang, “Channel assignment method using parallel tabu search based on graph theory in wireless sensor networks”, China Communications, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 73-82, May 2011.
- Hengkui Wu, Deyun Gao, Hongke Zhang, “OH-MAP: Using DHT to map identifiers onto locators in one hop”, Journal of Internet Technology, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 789-800, Sep. 2011.
- Deyun Gao, Chuan Heng Foh, Jianfei Cai and Hongke Zhang, “Channel resource allocation for VoIP applications in collaborative IEEE 802.11/802.16 networks", EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2010, Article ID 314397, 11 pages, April 2010.
- Yanchao Niu, Deyun Gao, Sidong Zhang, “A new localization scheme with statistical estimation against wormhole attack in wireless sensor networks”, China Communications, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 57-69, Nov. 2010.