- Automated Driving Functions based on Reinforcement Learning. (Learn optimal driving policies in an interactive driving environment, by considering the long-term future reward when deciding on near-term actions). Specific use cases are:
- Automated Ramp Merge Maneuver
- Automated Lane Change Maneuver
- Simulation of Vehicle Behaviors and Operations. (Construct simulation platform to implement automated vehicle behaviors, and monitor vehicle movements within road network under dynamic traffic flows).
Dr. Wang is a postdoctoral researcher at California PATH, UC Berkeley. She is now working on Automated Driving Maneuvers and Simulation under Berkeley Deep Drive Consortium. Her previous research included Cooperative Collision Warning System based on V2X Technologies, Big Data Analysis on Vehicle Driving Patterns, Simulation Assessment of Advanced Vehicular Technologies, Crash Data Analysis, and Road Safety Evaluation. Dr. Wang received her Ph.D. degree in Transportation Engineering from Tongji University, China. Before joining PATH, she took an internship at BMW Technology Office, working on driving pattern analysis with MapReduce.
Dr. Wang’s primary research collaborator at PATH is Dr. Ching-Yao Chan, who is the Program Leader at PATH and the Associate Director of Berkeley Deep Drive.
- Pin Wang, Ching-Yao Chan. Vehicle Collision Risk Prediction at Intersections based on Comparison of Minimal Distance between Vehicles and Dynamic Thresholds. IET Intelligent Transportation Systems, 2017.
- Pin Wang, Ching-Yao Chan. Formulation of Deep Reinforcement Learning Architecture Toward Autonomous Driving for On-Ramp Merge. IEEE 20th International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 2017.
- Pin Wang, Junhua Wang, Shou’en Fang, Chan-Yao Chan. Trajectory Prediction for Turning Vehicles at Intersections by Fusing Vehicle Dynamics and Driver’s Future Input Estimation. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 2602, Washington, D.C., 2016, pp. 68–77.
- Pin Wang, Ching-Yao Chan, Junhua Wang, Shou’en Fang. An Examination of Traffic Patterns at Signalized Intersections via Use of a Network of Discrete Sensors, Proceedings of 2016 World Conference on Transport Research, Shanghai, China, 2016.
- Pin Wang, Chan-Yao Chan, Ajith Muralidharan, Shou’en Fang. Sample Size Study Based on Correlation Analysis of Traffic Flow Data at Intersections. Advances in Transportation Studies, Vol. 37, 2015, pp. 65-76.
- Pin Wang, Shou’en Fang, Lanfang Zhang, Junhua Wang. Vehicle Collision Detection Algorithm at T-shaped Intersections Based on Location Based Service. Proceedings of the 2015 International Symposium on Frontiers of Road and Airport Engineering, Shanghai, China, 2015, pp. 308-317.
- Pin Wang, Lanfang Zhang. Verification of Road Safety Evaluation Method on Mountainous Highway Based on Driving Simulator. Transportation Science and Technology, Vol. 4, 2015, pp. 118-121.
- Pin Wang, Shou’en Fang, Lanfang Zhang. Trajectory Prediction for Left-turn Vehicles at T-shaped Intersections Based on Location Based Service. Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Transportation Information and Safety, Wuhan, China, 2015, pp. 29-33.
- Pin Wang, Shou’en Fang, Junhua Wang. Impact of lane width of mountain highway on vehicle lateral position and speed. Advances in Transportation Studies, Vol. 32, 2014, pp. 51-64.
- Pin Wang, Shou’en Fang, Junhua Wang. Effect of Visual Range on Driving Speed on Low-grade Highway. Procedia-Social and Behavior Science, Vol. 96, 2013, pp. 1175-1184.
- Pin Wang, Shou’en Fang, Junhua Wang. Analysis of Driving Reliability under Non-free Flow Condition. Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Symposium on Autonomous Decentralized Systems, Mexico, 2013, pp. 1-5.