ASSOCIATE RESEARCH ENGINEER
- Connected and automated vehicles
- Multi-Modal traffic signal control, prioritization, and management
- V2X communication and traffic signal adaption for intersection safety
- Transit dynamic operations and transit signal priority
Dr. Zhou received his Ph.D. in Controls at UC Berkeley in 2004. He is an Associate Researcher Engineer with California PATH, which he joined in 2005. He is responsible for the operations of the California Connected Vehicle Test Bed, and research and development effort focusing on connected vehicle applications. He is the recipient of the First UC Berkeley ITS Culture of Excellence Award in 2016.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of California at Berkeley, 2004.
- M.S., Engineering Mechanics, Beijing University, China, 1993.
- B.S., Engineering Mechanics, Lanzhou University, China, 1990